How Can People Help Animals Like Rico?
VARR does not condone violence towards anyone and we ask that our supporters use caution in things they write on social media as violence is never the answer as we believe in MORE LOVE, LESS CRUELTY.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP VARR SEEK JUSTICE FOR ANIMALS LIKE RICO, CONSIDER DONATING TO HELP US BE THEIR VOICE
Valiant Animal Rescue and Relief (VARR) has received an amazing response to the recent news of the Rico case in Berkeley County. We appreciate all the support and passion that our rescue community has, so we wanted to share this with you.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP.
1) When you suspect or witness animal cruelty, report it to the proper authorities.
2) Share our posts and news articles so more people know about the work that VARR does.
3) DONATE and encourage others to support Valiant Animal Rescue. Without proper funding, our efforts to stop the cycle of cruelty, save lives and hold offenders accountable cannot happen. We are not government funded. DONATION PAGE.
4) Visit our website to learn about other cases and animals that need justice.
5) Check out the below cases and corresponding news articles, share them and contact the corresponding county administrators, county attorneys and law enforcement agencies and ask them why the current SC Animal Cruelty laws were not enforced in these cases. Ask if the offenders are still allowed to own animals. Ask why? These are cases that haunt us. We did our job to the best of our ability and saved lives but justice was not served in these cases. The public has contacted us countless times asking WHY and we are not able to answer that. Only the County Admins, County Sheriff's Dept and County Attorney affiliated with these cases CAN GIVE THE PUBLIC AN ANSWER.
ORANGEBURG, SC LARGE SCALE CRUELTY CASE
In mid March 2016, Valiant Animal Rescue & Relief assisted Orangeburg County SC with a large scale case. We ended up removing nearly 100 live animals and the remains of 2 animals. Mostly dogs consisting of over a dozen breeds, a bunch of cats, birds, reptiles and equine. Every live animal removed was in need of medical assistance. Many required emergency care and some did not survive!
Many dogs were pregnant, heartworm positive, had respiratory infections, coccidea, giardia, parvo, loaded with hookworms, whipworms, tapeworms, ear mites, fleas, severe periodontal disease, eye injuries, eye infections, ear infections so bad that it caused eardrums to burst, tickborne disease, open infected wounds, missing fur, underweight, etc. VARR incurred over $30,000 in expenses in treating these animals while the county allowed the owners to keep a horse, donkey and indoor dogs.
NO CHARGES WERE FILED!
HAMPTON COUNTY, SC EQUINE CRUELTY CASE
VARR assisted the county with the removal of all the horses, did the Forensic work and covered the medical expenses to try and save them. The owners Nicole aka Stormy Grizzard and James Grizzard were not held accountable..
NO CHARGES WERE FILED!
HAMPTON COUNTY, SC MASS CASUALTY CRUELTY CASE
Over 128 deceased animals found, some animals removed. VARR assisted the county in removing numerous animals, six of the removed animals did not survive and one animal is still under the care of Valiant Animal Rescue. Over 100 animals remain on the property.
NO STATE CHARGES WERE FILED!